The club holds regular training sessions for both seniors and juniors.
Tuesdays & Fridays at 6:00pm from Ivybridge Rugby Club,
Link to map here >>>
We are currently in a lockdown as everyone knows and we sadly cannot train together.
Remember you can train with one other person in an outdoor environment who must keep 2m away (unless they part of your household).
any training should be done locally and do travel outside of your area as per government guidelines.
We will update everyone when we have the information. In the meantime we will continue with our virtual sessions.
Run your route
Post pictures/Strava screen shot/description below
Any non Ivybridge runners – Use a similar tor/high point near you
Virtual Event No 4.
Run or Walk treasure hunt (In your local area)
Animal that isn’t your own
Selfie with a scarecrow
We have our monthly handicap which should be done in the first week of the month. The route is shown here
Winter Handicap. 3.5 miles
Run your 5K and post a picture of your route/ brief description/ strava screen shot on the EVH members page
All runners will get points towards their Grand-Prix
You may learn a new 5k route around Ivybridge you didn’t know
For those who live in Ivybridge you can use the one we have doing on a Saturday morning. Route shown here >>>
Second Virtual Event
Run a route of your choice to get there
Post your route below and maybe learn a new route
Get some points
Feel free to add a selfie at the top!
When we do return the rules for training at the Rugby club are shown below.
- Ensure you are on the approved list if not please confirm your attendance with Keith on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Coranavirus (see NHS website here for details) or if you have been asked to self isolate.
- Arrive no earlier than 5.55pm fully changed. Sign in on arrival or Check in using QR Code
- Please stay in the allocated group of 6 – Do not mix groups
- Keep 2m apart at all times during the run and give way to vehicles and other members of the public.
- One the run is finished ensure you have signed out and then either return home or if you use the bar please follow the Rugby Club procedures and do not socially interact in the bar area with mote than one other household.
A full Risk Assessment is available here >>>TOILETS WILL BE AVAILABLE
A new Couch to 5K programme will begin hopefully after the latest lockdown from the Rugby Club. New runners can join at any time after the start date.
Anyone is welcome and it is free to join. Call Sharon on 01752 894494 for more details
As you know all junior club training has been suspended during the latest lockdown,
We will hopefully be returning to Ivybridge Community College at some point in the future but we do not when.
We will be using the outdoor sprint track (and also the roads for the endurance group) from 6-7pm for now.
Unfortunately we cannot offer any direct coaching at the moment but we are posting an online weekly programme on the Junior News page.
There is also useful information on our online training page here >>>
The England Athletics and Running at home page here >>> has access to a host of useful tips and videos including the Athletics 365 curriculum which is an excellent resource for all young athletes.
We have decided not to charge training fees again this term and for those who have already paid we will credit everyone with a free term.
We hope things will return to normal in early April.