The club holds regular training sessions for both seniors and juniors.
Seniors Training (CURRENTLY SUSPENDED)
Tuesdays & Fridays at 6:00pm from Ivybridge Rugby Club,
Link to map here >>>
Key information on training at Rugby Club from 14th July
- Ensure you have pre booked your attendance with Keith on email@example.com
- Arrive no earlier than 5.55pm fully changed. Sign in on arrival
- Please stay in the allocated group of 6 – Do not mix groups
- Keep 2m apart at all times during the run and give way to vehicles and other members of the public.
- One the run is finished ensure you have signed out and then either return home or if you use the bar please follow the Rugby Club procedures and do not socially interact in the bar area with mote than one other household.
A full Risk Assessment is available here >>>
7th – Summer handicap – Being held virtually from Sunday – Wednesday. Route shown here >>>
14th – Return to training at Rugby Club – Routes TBC
21st – TBC
28th – TBC
4th – Summer handicap 3
11th – Proposed new handicap route (feedback)
18th – Spirit of the moor @ Wrangaton Golf club TBC
25th – Penquit loop
There will of course be shorter runs available
Friday runs at 6pm at a more social pace.
There will be an away day on the last Friday of each month. See Facebook and latest news for details.
A new Couch to 5K programme will begin hopefully in Septemberfrom the Rugby Club. New runners can join at any time after the start date.
Anyone is welcome and it is free to join. Call Sharon on 01752 894494 for more details
There are mini groups based on ability, suitable for range of runners from complete
novices to those who have already done some running. Everyone welcome. Why not come along and enjoy running with friendly, like minded people. This is now an official Run Together group
We also have a Monday morning session at 9.30am on Mondays from the Leisure Centre
No cost to take part and all abilities welcome.
Juniors Training (CURRENTLY FOR INVITED ATHLETES ONLY)
- Under 11s – Thursdays from 5.45- 7pm at Ivybridge Community College
(note minimum age is 8 years old)
- Over 11s – Thursdays from 7 – 8pm at Ivybridge Community CollegeJuniors also train on a Tuesday at the Rugby Club 6pm. This is an endurance based session.supervised by our coaches.PLEASE NOTE THERE IS JUST ONE SESSION FOR ALL IN THE HALF TERM AND SCHOOL HOLIDAYS FROM 6pm – 7.15pm
On Wednesdays Richard Welch has a Sprint session at Ivybridge College from 3.30 – 4,30 for over 11’s
If you are interested contact Richard direct firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not turn up without checking
During the summer months these sessions consist of Track & Field training.
In the winter we move inside for Sportshall training, sprints & endurance
training is available for the Over 11s.
All training sessions are supervised by qualified UK:Athletics coaches.
Anyone is welcome to attend club training sessions, regardless or quality
or experience. If you are interested in joining the club then come along to a few
training sessions to find out some more information before you join.
We also have access to sessions at Tavistock track from 11 – 12 on Saturday mornings.
This is aimed at endurance runners but other session may be going on for sprinters and jumpers.